Thursday, July 7, 2011

Neuvation Mountain MAX wheelset


MTNMXAeroFrontWheelPP.jpg
Neuvation Mtn Max 

I'm not cheap but, I like to get the most value I can. I'm not so impressed by name brand but, that is probably because of how I do things. I admit in the long run I probably do spend more than just buying the high end item upfront. IDK. The problem with me is I like dinking with stuff. I like to work on my own stuff, tweak it, learn it, take it a part, put it together, change it, improve it, whatever etc.

I purchased this wheel-set at an unbelievable price and figure what really do I have to lose? They have to be better than the loose ball-bearing wheels at least at a minimum roll more smoothly with cartridge bearings right? I know the battle rages on which technology is better or more durable. Plus these wheels are lighter than what came stock on my bike too. I suppose due to my weight I'm considered a Clydesdale so far I have had no problem but, again I probably do not ride as aggressive as folks half my age. Nevertheless I listened to the Neuvation story drank the kool-aide and honestly if I get a full season out of them I will be happy. If I get more then I will be impressed. Only time will tell I will update this blog as the season progresses. I also purchased a set of the Mountain MX wheel-set as spares and to hold my 2.3 tires
Update: 8/24/2011
Have had no issues to date with Neuvation MTN Max wheelset

No comments: