Monday, December 26, 2011

Kilo TT Stripper Preview





I really like this bike! the ride is quite amazing and the geo is perfect for my style of riding. I have it set up single speed using white industries 16 Tooth freewheel matched up to the stock truvativ 48 Tooth chainring/crank which gives me about a 81 gear inch which I really like. In stock trim this is a fine machine.

I decided to move over some parts from my other bikes to this one. Brooks b17, Origin8 17degree stem, transx bullhorns and then added new vuelta xrp pro wheel set, all rolling on conti gatorskins.

I commute to work, ride the bike paths and use this as an exercise machine. I was in the elevator the other day and this dude says to me shaking his head nobody wants gears anymore....I replied back shaking my head you will never understand until you commit.

I troll the cycling forums and it never ceases to amaze me how passionate some folks are about their opinions from top to bottom in regards to online versus LBS bike purchases. You have people asking for opinions and those who are more than willing giving out theirs.

I can tell you first hand; the phat cycles phixie at 4 bills (that I purchased from the LBS) has no comparison to the kilo tt stripper for under 4 bills both in bone stock trim.

IMO the kilo tt is even sweeter after some personal touches. I don't care what anyone says.



Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments: